SensorLink 8-020 XT PLUS High Voltage, Multiple Reading Ammeter (0-500kV Voltage) (1-5000A Current) (2.15 lb.)
The key feature of the Ampstik Plus is the ability to hold up to four readings, ending the need to raise and lower the hot stick for each reading.
The opening of the current sensor is electronically closed, while external currents are electronically rejected. This sensor design enables the user to measure an individual conductor within close proximity to adjacent current carrying conductors.
The SensorLink amp sensor is not position sensitive; just slip the Ampstik Plus over the conductor and the meter will store the current measurement within two seconds. Move to the next conductor and repeat the process. Return the instrument to eye level when all measurements have been completed. This simple process makes the Ampstik Plus a practical, labor saving instrument.
The Backlight on the Ampstik Plus is designed to automatically power on when the ambient light is low. This helps users view the readings on the display in low-light situations. The light sensor is located on the front of the unit.
One meter is all that the user will require. The Ampstik Plus measures in every electric utility setting. Its linear current sensors accurately measure loads from 1 amp to 5000 amps, as well accurately measures in low to high voltage environments of up to 500kv.
The universal hotstick adaptor and internal structure of the Ampstik Plus are made of long glass fi ber reinforced thermoplastic polyurethan. This polymer is non-conductive and extra tough to protect the amp sensor. The housing is made of urethane and built to operate safely, even in severe utility environments. The Ampstik Plus is resistant to shock, water repellent, unsusceptible to fl ame and operates in a wide temperature environment.
The Ampstik Plus is easy to use and provides accurate information for all users working with medium and high voltage. This instrument provides correct answers, giving line personnel the ability to make immediate decisions while in the field.
- Weight: 2.15 lb.
- Voltage: 0-500kV
- Current: 1-5000A
- Sensor Opening: 2.5"
- Amps 1-99.9A: 0.1 A
- Amps 100-1999A: 1 A
- Amps 2000-5000A: 0.01 kA
- Accuracy: ± 1%, ± 2 Counts
- Measurements: Four Readings
- Frequency, 50 Hz: 47 to 53 Hz
- Frequency, 60 Hz: 57 to 63 Hz
- EEC Standards Successfully passed international test standards indicated by CE
- Controls: Single button operation
- Display: 3.5 Digit Display
- Backlight: Automatic ambient light sensor
- Operating Temperature: -22° to +140° F, -30° to +60° C (Lithium battery required for temperatures below -4°F (-20°C))
- Housing: Shock & water resistant molded urethane
- Hotstick Mounting: Universal chuck adapter. Hotstick not included.
- Battery: 9V Alkaline or Lithium