HD Electric Company VW-20H V-Watch Personal Voltage Detector (with C-10 Carrying Case Lanyard)
Worn on the outside of your clothing at mid-torso, the V-Watch® provides that extra level of safety by detecting and alerting you to the presence of electrical fields or energized electrical equipment. In emergencies, you and your crews can move safely to quickly restore power to your customers. The V-Watch is available in both a standard model and a pro model with a mute feature. Each comes in a tough nylon carrying case lanyard that is worn around the neck during use.
The C-10 Carrying Case Lanyard is made with a black shielded material.
Features and Benefits
- Alerts user to proximity of high voltage
- Audible and visual alarms increase in frequency the closer the user gets to energized equipment
- Typical V-Watch initial warning distance is about 7 feet (2.13 m) from a 4kVAC conductor (see instruction manual for more details). Warning distance increases with higher voltages.
- Provides another level of safety for line crews, storm restoration workers and first responders
- Low battery indicator
- Field replaceable 9V battery
- Rugged protective housing
- Built-in self test
- Carrying case lanyard
- C-10 carrying case lanyard – black shielded material
- Electrically shielded
- Storage case when the V-Watch is not in use
- Lanyard allows user to adjust to optimum mid-torso position
- Sensitivity: Factory Set at 50/60 Hertz sensing threshold (first beep). The V-Watch will only detect AC voltage. Do not use below 2400 Volts line-to-ground.
- Typical Warning Distance: About 7 feet (2.13 m.) from a 4kV (2.4kV line-to-ground) AC conductor.
- Operating Temperature: -20? to +120?F (-29? to 49?C)
- Operating Frequency: 50Hz/60Hz
- Battery: 9V alkaline 1604A, IEC 6LR61. Life is 2 years in storage, 1 year typical usage.
- Beeper Sound Pressure Level: 100 decibels
- Water Withstand: Protected from falling rain per IEC-529, Level 2
- Weight (with battery): 5.2 oz. (147 g.)
- Dimensions: 3.5” x 2.88” x 1.25” (8.89 cm. x 7.32 cm. x 3.18 cm.)
- Voltage Range: 2400VAC line-to-ground and above