Dixie peavies, similar to cant hooks, are used to move, roll, slide or float logs or poles into position. The spike is rammed into a log or pole, then the hook grabs the log at a second location. Once engaged, the handle gives the operator leverage to reposition it. The pointed tip also makes it easier to get in between poles to separate them. Dixie Industries manufactures two styles of peavies: a tubular steel socket style and a rafting/bangor style.
HIGH-QUALITY MATERIALS AND CRAFTSMANSHIP
- Handles are made from top-quality, straight-grain White Mountain hickory hardwood, kiln dried to 18% moisture content, then precision cut to an exact fit
DURABLE STEEL COMPONENTS
- Duckbill hooks are drop forged with the bills ground to a fine point
EASY TO REPAIR
- The Dixie bangor-style peavey, our lightest tool, features a drop-forged pick, precision welded into a drawn carbon steel socket. This one-piece unit makes field repairs easier
- Model - 03260
- Style - Rafting/Bangor Style Peavey
- For Log Sizes - 8" to 24"
- Total Weight - 12 lbs.
- Handle Diameter - 2-1/2"
- Handle Length - 5'
- Handle Weight - 6 lbs.
- Duckbill Hook Length - 1/2" x 1" x 9"