The Duct Hunter is a traceable duct rodder that offers a non-invasive solution for locating and mapping underground ducts and pipes. Save time by eliminating digging and trenching. The detectable fiberglass rod incorporates a copper trace wire that can be located at depths up to 10 feet. When used with a signal transmitter to energize the wire, an electromagnetic signal is then detected via hand-held receiver to trace the entire line. The Mini Duct Hunter comes standard with a male end ferrule, pulling eye and accessory kit conveniently attached to the frame. Mini Duct Hunter traces small conduit or pipes. Connecting a signal transmitter to the Mini Duct Hunter energizes the unit with a specific frequency. When the energized Mini Duct Hunter rod is pushed into pipe, the signal radiates outward to the surface.
A signal receiver detects the frequency applied to the Mini Duct Hunter, allowing the pipe to be traced inside walls, floors or underground.
- 1.75" Bend Radius
- Trace sewer laterals (up to 4 inches in diameter) to avoid cross bores
- Locate fiber optic cable in plastic pipe without tracer wire
- Locate fiber optic micro-duct during fiber-to-the-home applications
- Fiberglass will not rust during plumbing applications
- Handle and lightweight frame for easy transport
- For use in conduit with an inside diameter between 1/2 and 1 inch
- Includes 100 feet of 1/8-inch diameter traceable fiberglass rod
- Accessory Kit included
- Dimensions: 22" X 17" X 7"
- Includes a canvas pouch with (1) flexible leader with ball tip, (1) end ferrule, (1) splice ferrule, (2) emery cloths, (2) two-component epoxy adhesive sets and (1) piece of heat shrink tubing