SignalMaster Directional Light Controllers
The innovative design makes them unlike any other in the market.
SignalMaster controllers perform the same functions as our previous models, but provide users with a great deal more. They operate 12 and 24 VDC systems and can be configured to operate two 4-, 6- or 8-lamp directional lights. Users can easily select the functions with the tactile membrane panel. For durability, both models are enclosed in a rugged 1/8" thick aluminum housing and include a mounting bracket.
Model 331105 (SMC5) – Multiple Flash Patterns
The SMC5, Model 331105, is our full-featured SignalMaster directional light controller. It is equipped with fourteen user-selectable warning patterns. The SMC5 also has a “Fast” and “Low Power” mode that can be selected for additional warning patterns. The directional control on the SMC5 is selected by a lever switch. When a pattern is activated, the LED light indicator illuminates for quick recognition.
Auxiliary Light Functions
A unique feature of the SMC5 is its increased auxiliary light output functionality. The equivalent of a two-channel flasher is incorporated into the controller when the AUX button is activated. The two flasher channels (5-Amps each) offer the user the choice of eight selectable patterns plus a steady-on mode. In addition to the flasher channels, the auxiliary feature is capable of switching a user-supplied relay to turn on almost any electronic device from the AUX button.
The auxiliary input feature allows users to activate the selected warning pattern from a remotely installed switch. The SMC5 controller also features a turn signal override. When connected at the time of installation, use of the vehicle’s turn signal will disable the directional lightbar, allowing the end pods to mimic the vehicle’s turn signal.
- Controls six or eight lamp directional lamps
- Installer selectable flash patterns
- Tactile membrane keypad
- Input Voltage: 11 VDC to 28 VDC
- Polarity: Negative ground only
- Operating Temperature Range: -30?C to +65?C
- Standby Current: 7mA
- +BAT Fuse: 25A (installer supplied)
- +Ignition Fuse: 2A
- Relay Fuse: 1A (installer supplied)
- Auxiliary: SMC5 (4) 27W lamps (2 per output) (2) 55W lamps (1 per output)
- Flash Rate: Normal - 30 patterns per minute / Fast - SMC5 45 patterns per minute
- Dimensions: (H x W x D):1.5 in (3.8 cm) x 6.1 in (15.6 cm) x 5.0 in (12.7 cm)
- Ship Weight: 2.5 lbs. (1.13 kg)