Hubbell - 46 kV Phase-to-Phase Insulator Cover - C4060046
Style - With Clampstick Adapter
Capacity - Insulators through 10-1/2" diameter
Overall Length - 22" to 34"
Features & Applications
- These covers are made of high-dielectric polyethylene.
- The wax-like surface provides a natural self-cleaning action and resists the effects of greases and other contaminants.
- The bright-orange color gives a visible warning to those who are working close to the equipment.
- Designed to help protect lineman while working close to energized conductors
- Rated phase-to-phase for voltages through 46 kV
- Can be easily installed with a Grip-All clampstick
- Clips on and covers conductors up to 13/4” in diameter
- A positive air gap is maintained by a special hanger system inside the cover
- Conductor is locked in the hanger by a swinging latch that can be opened and closed with a hot stick
- Insulator cover is designed to be used in conjunction with two conductor covers on insulators above 13 kV
- Fits over insulator and locks with a conductor cover on each end
- Polypropylene rope swings under the crossarm and hooks with a clampstick
- Helps to prevent insulator cover from dislodging due to bumping or wind gusts
- Tested to ASTM F712
- Electrical: Tests using conductor covers in conjunction with insulator covers provided 46kV phase-to-phase protection for normal working conditions
- Temperature: Will not soften or deform at 170° F. Will not become brittle at -50° F